Sunday, March 29, 2009

Caring For French Bead Flowers

It's my belief that it's better not to manufacture unnecessary work for others. This is true for the ones I know and love, and is true even for others I have never met and will never meet.

So, I will not be dunking my precious bead flowers in water to clean them. Doing this seems like a good solution at the time - but, even with coated wires, total immersion of metal into water will eventually cause rust. And rust and pretty flowers just don't go together.

So - how do you safely clean your bead flowers? There are two ways that I use. First, you can give them a good dusting with a regular feather duster. Second, if the dirt problem is more persistent, you can take a plain baby wipe in your hand. Roll the rows of beaded wire in your fingers. You get all the benefits of a wet washing, but the moisture does not get inside the beads, and your risk of damage is minimal. Be careful of the silk-wrapped stems, though - they can fray in the presence of any moisture at all.


For instructional videos, please visit my French bead flowers website.

Please visit my French bead flowers Squidoo lens.

Go here for my French bead flowers Hubpage.

I am building a recession-proof online income. Would you like to join me?

No comments: