Saturday, November 29, 2008

Re: Center Bar?? Make Loops??

I ran across a tutorial for the Victorian technique, which removes any confusion about the center bar or making loops. In the Victorian technique (also known as “ladder,” “Russian” or “English” technique), the wire goes side-to-side in relation to the leaf or petal. In French style, in the “basic” technique, the wire goes around in widening concentric circles – or more correctly, spirals. See Victorian tutorial here.

This removes all doubt about the “center bar” because there isn’t any center bar! In this technique, you begin and end at the top or bottom of the leaf or petal. When you cut the spool wire, you simply tuck the loose end of the wire into the next row, or lead it through a few rows back to where the stemwires should be. Voila!

---------------------

I am building a recession-proof online income. Would you like to join me?
My website.
My new video!
My Squidoo lens.
My Hubpage.

No comments: